Park Lane School Council
Park Lane School Council is a group of pupils who express their opinions and raise issues within the school. 1 pupil from each class represents the School Council. Park Lane’s School Council consists of 10 pupils, aged between 3 and 19 years old.
The pupils within the School Council meet weekly to discuss various topics including improvements and changes within the school. These discussions are brought forward to the head teacher and governors in the school.
Park Lane’s School Council aims to:
- Ensure pupils opinions are considered and listened to- pupil voice.
- Give pupils time to communicate their views
- Involve pupils in decision making
- Involve pupils of all ages and disabilities
- Talk to pupils about actions taken and results
Skills focused on in School Council sessions:
- Working with others
- Decision making
School Council is very important as it shows pupils their ideas and opinions matter to the development to the school.